📌EXCITING JOB OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE!
Are you detail-oriented, organised and comfortable working with LGA’s and diverse teams?
If so, WE WANT YOU!
About North Queensland Sports Foundation
The North Queensland Sports Foundation has over 34 years’ experience working with our Local North Queensland Councils and communities providing opportunities to foster and strengthening active participation in the region. We are driven to assist our members with the development of sport and increase active participation in regional and remote North Queensland. The North Queensland Sports Foundation delivers an impressive portfolio of events in NQ including the NQ Games, the Great Western Games, the NQ Sportstar Awards to name a few.
About the Role
We are looking for a competent Program Coordinator to undertake a variety of administrative, consultation and program management tasks. You will be required to collect and collate data, develop business plans, coordinate programs and activities as well as carry out operational duties. The role will be covering the North Queensland area and will be based at our office in Townsville. Regular travel throughout the NQSF footprint will be required.
To be an excellent program coordinator for this role, you must be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with LGA’s and diverse teams. Should you have experience in community-based health promotion and prevention activities with a demonstrated understanding of opportunities and challenges for the North Queensland region, in addition a tertiary qualification relevant to Health Promotion, Public Health or Community Development and a keen interest in sport and active recreation we’d like to meet you.
The services will be within the confines of the North Queensland Sports Foundations objectives namely to promote sport and active participation within the North Queensland region.
The objective will be to collect and correlate evidence through consultation and assessment, develop a project plan and facilitate the effective management of the project. Delivering best practice and innovation, they will identify initiatives and activities that promote health connecting to the NQ community.
To ensure candidates get an opportunity to showcase their suitability for the role, we have included a question related to the position at the bottom of this advertisement. When applying for the role, please answer this question (in one page or less) instead of submitting a cover letter.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and coordination of the Program
- Ensure implementation of policies, procedures and practices
- Manage budget and track expenditures/transactions
- Manage communications through newsletter, media relations, social media etc.
- Help build positive relations within the team and key stakeholders
- Schedule and organize meetings/events/workshops and maintain agenda
- Ensure technology is used correctly for all operations (video conferencing, presentations etc.)
- Prepare reports, presentations and proposals
- Keep accurate updated records
- Support growth and program development
- Perform other duties in accordance with the scope of the position, as requested
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience in community-based health promotion and prevention activities with a demonstrated understanding of opportunities and challenges for the North Queensland region is preferred
- Experience working with LGA’s is preferred
- Experience as a program coordinator or relevant position is preferred
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures is preferred
- Knowledge of data analysis and collection is preferred
- Knowledge of budgeting and reporting is necessary
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office is necessary
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams is necessary
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills is necessary
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills is necessary
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and efficient is necessary
- Demonstrated experience in designing, coordinating and delivering community engagement programs
- Current driver’s licence
- National Police clearance obtained within the last 6 months (or have the ability to apply for a national police clearance when required)
What we offer
Working for North Queensland Sports Foundation offers many benefits including the following;
- Competitive package
- Company vehicle
- Laptop and mobile phone
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply now.
Please ensure you include your resume with your application. Instead of a cover letter, please submit an answer to the following question with your application:
Tell us about a community engagement or similar program that really impressed you. Why did you find this initiative exciting and engaging? What made it so successful in your opinion? How would you have made it better?